Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IIS trouble with pointing to another server

Status
Not open for further replies.

staboogie

MIS
Apr 29, 2003
US
Hello all. I have a problem with IIS that's just giving me fits. I have a web application running on tomcat. This is on one of our servers and we can get to it fine internally. I have IIS running on our main server, and I would like to point external users to this site. I have a DNS record set up with our ISP and that seems to be working. Right now, when I go to this site externally, I get a "internal network error" connecting.

In IIS, I have it set to "a directory on another computer" with the path to this folder. Please let me know where I'm going wrong. Please also forgive me if I haven't posted enough info up.

Have you tried creating a virtual directory in IIS, then redirecting it to the tomcat site? You would do so using the IIS mmc by right clicking the new virtual directory, selecting Properties, Virtual Directory (tab), 'a redirection to a URL', enter the URL of the tomcat server.

Hope this is helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back