Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

iis / site backups to remote server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nell1

Technical User
Jan 8, 2003
GB
Hi all,

Have 2 servers, both running Windows Web Server Edition 2003. The primary server has a website linked to DB. I would like to use the second server as a backup webserver. Now the only issue is how to backup the primary server's IIS or website to the backup server.

Current idea is to run a script (incorporating xcopy or something similar) at half hourly intervals to copy the site files to the remote server.

Does anyoneknow of any inbuilt IIS/Microsoft fucntionality to do this? Or indeed a better method?

Many thanks,

Neil

I havn't been around on this site for a long time... I know very little about what you are tring to do, but it sounds a little like a server farm(even though that would be much bigger), the information you find if you look that up might help you solve your problems...

if it came down to it, you could just setup a scheduled task to run a dos batch file to copy the files as needed...

Sorry, best I can do...

junior1544@jmjpc.net
Life is change. To deny change is to deny life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back