Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IIS - Sharepoint site not responding 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 21, 2004
CA
I have a server with the following configuration/roles:

-DC
-Exchange 2007
-Sharepoint 3.0
-2 IP's on the NIC
-->1st configured on the Default Website
-->2nd configured on the Sharepoint Site
-DNS has an A entry for the server name and an A record for the Sharepoint site FQDN
-nslookup responds correctly for each name

I can access the Sharepoint site from the local server via Browse from the IIS Website and can also access from the FQDN but only on that server.

If I try to access from another system on the same network, the server doesn't respond - Ethereal shows the HTTP requests to the correct IP but the server doesn't respond.

From the Ethereal capture, I don't see the host header in the HTTP. In the IIS logs, connection attempts hit the Default website, log an error and don't show up in the logs for the Sharepoint site itself.

I am aware of the caveats of installing all on a single server :)) but circumstances are the way they are until sometime in the future.

Thanks in advance for any ideas of how to resolve this...

I have a question and maybe it will help to understand.
When you installed the sharepoint, is it installed in the default website under IIS, or did you make another website and setup the host headers and such in there?

Hi

I had properly installed into it's own site as I already had the Exchange installed first.... I actually did figure it out and feel a bit chagrined as it was the Windows firewall that was doing me in, which I thought I had checked but didn't recheck in the troubleshooting phase... All is working as expected.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back