Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IIS service for my intranet website stops abruptly....

Status
Not open for further replies.

danieljohn

Technical User
Oct 8, 2002
Hi,

I have my intranet website configured with IIS 5.0 on Windows 2000 server with service Pack 2.
The problem with it is that the IIS service stops in between and i need torestart it everytime.This happens atleast twice a day.

Kindly suggest what can be done to avoid it.
Need ur informative suggestions at the earliest.

Regards

Daniel John

What kind of messages show up in event viewer when the site stops?

Hi,

There is no peculiar message in the event viewer just that the iis service is stopping.

Regards

Daniel John

How about the IIS logs themselves have you looked at them to see if there is anything strange about the Time IIS stops? Have you considered applying Service Pack 3? You can set the service recovery to restart the service on failure, but I think you are better off finding the cause of the problem.

Seen this before. It were hacking-attempts.

Windows Update solved the problem for now, but the hackers will find another hole......

Maybe you should consider upgrading to SP3

i have been having this problem also happens to me about 3 times a week, i run 2k and sp3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back