Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IIS Reqs for Exch2010 install

Status
Not open for further replies.

techseek

MIS
Nov 5, 2010
US
Hello

Prepping for Exch03-2010 transition. I have seen a few variations of the powershell install (as compared to technet version). Looking for the definitive PS script that installs IIS reqs for CAS/MB/HUB server. Something which takes into account whatever tweaks/hotfixes etc etc need to be in place for 08R2 and latest service packs and Exch2010 and latest service pack. Also, a link to a description of what component is installed via each PS "piece" would be helpful. for example, i have no idea what "WAS-process-Model" installs.

thanks

Here's what you do: You download Exchange 2010 SP2 and use that as your install media. It includes all files necessary to install. There is an option during the setup GUI that allows you to install all prereqs. You don't need a separate script.

The only thing you need to do is go into Windows Features and install the .Net 3.5 SP1 Features. Then the regular Exchange 2010 install will go and install everything you need. You could also easily download and install the following, but not having them will not block your installation:

Office 2010 Filter Pack
Adobe PDF iFilters

Once install finishes, just download SP2 Rollup 5 and run it, and you're finished.

Dave Shackelford
ThirdTier.net
TrainSignal.com

hi
well, that sounds very good specially since my media has Exch2010 RTM (I believe)
Speaking of those filter packs, I installed the office 2010 FP, but apparently there ia a registration that has to be done? or does the install do that automatically?

thx for your response

Is the download of Exch2010 sp2 x64 535MB the service pack or the whole installaton of Exch2010 with sp2 included?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back