Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IIS reinstall on XP Pro can't find SP3 dll's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VicM

Programmer
Sep 24, 2001
US
Hi Folks,

I have a client that uses the localhost web service of IIS linked to an Access DB.

In order to test my programming, I had installed IIS on my system many moons ago and was able to utilize it in developing and debugging the client's site.

I hadn't been in contact with the client for sometime and got another call recently to do some more work. When I took home the latest set of files and DB, I was unable to get it to function on my system as it had in the past. Kept receiving error msg. (Sorry, don't remember the msg.)

So I uninstalled IIS and attempted to reinstall it. The reinstall halted with a window saying it was unable to find staxmem.dll in the SP3 installation folder (i386). When I checked the folder it referenced, that file was there. But the system refused to acknowledge it.

So I tried skipping that step, and it moved to another dll, which was also in the folder. Again, it refused to acknowledge it. And so on for practically every dll in the folder!

So my question is, is there a way to register these dll's? Or do I have to attempt a reinstall of SP3?

Thanks,
Vic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back