Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IIS Randomly Loses Connection to SQL Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrFurious

Programmer
Mar 18, 2002
US
Hi everyone,

I have an ASP application that accesses (through ODBC) a SQL Server 2000 database. Sometimes IIS will stop talking to SQL server. All the ASP pages that access data will hang without an error or timeout. In SQL server I see a connection from IIS whose last batch is one of my stored procedures. It's always the same procedure. That connection in SQL server won't clear until I reset the web server. Everything works just fine after the server is reset.

I have reproduced the problem only twice by clicking on a link and then quickly closing the browser window.

Has anyone ever had such a problem? It happens at least a couple times a day and I can't seem to figure out why.

Thank You,

Mike

PS Sorry if this is the wrong forum. ASP, IIS, SQL Server if I knew where the problem was I prolly woulda fixed it by now.

You didnt mention about haveing to do anything with sql server to correct the problem. I would say this is an asp issue.

Investigate the procedure that you mentioned, may be if you post it'd code someone can help. ________________________________________________________________________________
If you do not like change, get out of the IT business...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back