Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IIS on windows XP pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjscanada

Programmer
Mar 25, 2009
CA
I have installed IIS on windows XP Pro.
Now I want to add new website "example.com"
I run inetmgr at run and opened IIS console. There is no "New Web Site" toolbar button. So how can I add new website ? How come there is no such toolbar. Secondly, on my screen there is no tabs
"WebSites" "Access Flags" "Documents" "FTP" "MIME Map" "Application Mappings"

While in the tutorial , that I was going through on There are these tabs. Why is it so ? Is that different version of IIS ? How to get these tabs ?

If you right click the web sites node in the left hand pane, you don't get any option to create a new website...forget about the toolbars....

-Brandon Wilson
MCSE:Security00/03
MCSA:Messaging00
MCSA:Security03
A+

IIS on XP limits you to one active website.

Right click Default Web Site. Do you get this?

You do not currently have a default Web page established for your users. Any users attempting to connect to your Web site from another machine are currently receiving an Under Construction page. Your Web server lists the following files as possible default Web pages: default.aspx,default.htm,default.asp,index.htm,iisstart.asp. Currently, only iisstart.asp exists.

Modify this site by doing the following:
To add documents to your default Web site, save files in g:\inetpub\

Choose Browse...and I am sure you link to starts with c:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back