Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IIS/ISM FTP Server Setup Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

link470

Technical User
Sep 1, 2005
CA
I'm having all kinds of problems running an FTP Server on my Server. I am trying to make it hold files for a website I work on. I want the website download links to link to my Server. Since the actual website space is going to be used to host all my sites. So basically, my FTP server is going to be extra storage for the sites. The files, are around 45MB each, and are WMA audio files. No it's not a podcast:)

So I start the setup. Install the server [Windows 2000 Server] and then create a folder in C. I then went into ISM Internet Information Services, and made a new FTP site, and directed it to that folder. I set the file permissions for "Everybody" in the folder properties under security tab. I also enabled "Anonymous Users". Just to make sure. So, it's all up and running. All permissions have been set to read, execute, and they can look through the folder too, but not that big of a deal cause it's gonna be on the site as a single link. So I send the ftp://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX ip address out to some trusted people to copy paste into Internet Explorer for me and see if they can access it. Nobody could. They all reported it to say multiple error messages like "Make sure the permissions are set correctly" "Access is denied" etc. etc. What really gets me is that when I click properties in ISM for the FTP server they're getting errors at and cant access, I click on "Current Sessions", and I see them just fine and they're IP.

I understand my post is long, I appreciate very much whoever has taken the time to read it. I hope to hear from one of you soon. Thankyou!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back