Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IIS install on XP works untill I restart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knexo10

IS-IT--Management
Feb 12, 2002
AU
I have installed IIS on windows xp 3 times now and I keep running into the same problem. I install IIS and it seems to run fine. I can set up a default webpage and access it over the local network. As soon as I restart the computer it no longer seems to work. I try and run "Internet Information Services" from the Administrative Tools menu and all I get is the cursor turns to a Hourglass for a second and thats it. If I then log off or restart I get the End process Box and a Save as Popup that wants to save a .msc file in the Administrative Tools folder. (.msc file is Microsoft Management Console File). Does anyone have any idea what is causing this? How do I fix this problem? Somebody help I just want to get it installed. What seems wierd to me is that fact that it works after the installation but stops working after restarting the computer. The computer I'm installing on is quite slow so the less times I have to uninstall and reinstall IIS the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back