Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IIS hangs with ASP but working with HTML

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny5888

Programmer
Aug 18, 2003
GB
HI,

My site was working well but when I restarted the computer after having a automated virus update, My IIS stopped working with ASP, I've restarted, re-linked with other directories, changed the IP address, and I've tried all the other usual methods. What I've found out so far is that with HTML it is working perfectly, but when I hook on asp, I have problems. First It gave me the error message: 500.2
now the browser is just hanging.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'll appreciate any anwers.

Try reinstalling IIS. It's a pain, but might be worth the trouble.

Mark

I am having the same problem after installing Windows updates and SP4. HTML is working fine but not ASP.
Would reinstall IIS but it's a live system so trying to minimize downtime. Do you have any other suggestions?

I don't understand this but, ASP's have been hanging on my site for about two months! We did lots of research, applied fixes & patches, etc. We added sp4 and then I turned OFF ASP buffering, which seems to have fixed the problem. This goes against all the documentation I've found.
I've been using performance montor to log the memory and process counters. A huge drop in "Available Memory" would coincide with activity relating to the dllhost.exe processes. Watching the processes "Virtual Bytes", it appeared they were "swapping" roles.
Hope this might help in some way....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back