Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IIS gives File Not Found Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanir

MIS
Jun 16, 2006
US
Hi:

I have sucessfully installed cognos 8 BI server. The content manager db is populated. The OS is windows 2003 server. I'm not able to configure cognos connection on the m/c. IIS gives the file not found error. I have added the cgi extension in the web service extensions and have restarted all the related services, but no luck so far.

thanks in advance.

Have you checked that all the Virtual Directories in IIS are pointing to the correct path and have correct permissions?

If fishing was easy it would be called catching

Hi plevey

The virtual directories are configured just as in Cognos 7. The tomcat admin page is also not viewable in IE. I'm using windows server 2003 with IIS 6.0 and the default tomcat 4.1.27 and JRE 1.4. The CM db now has all the tables. I restarted IIS service and the websites and now I get dispatcher error. I'm not sure what the dispatcher URI settings shud be ??

also, how can i test if tomcat is up and running. localhost:8080 doesnt bring up anything.

thanks in advance.

are you able to hit the disptacher URI set in cognos configuration? (what you will see will not be pretty, but it if you get some sort of page that doesn't say "error", then we know that everything on the cognos side is up and running).

cognos 8 alias needs read permissions and should point to the webcontent folder. the cognos 8 alias can be anything you wnat to call it.. but the virtual directories i mention from this point on must be exactly as i type them including the case (ie upper/lower case).

within the cognos 8 alias create a virtual directory called "cgi-bin". This needs the first 3 permissions in the wizard (can't remember what they are off the top of my head.. there is read, run scripts and one more). point to cgi-bin folder.

within the cognos 8 alias (not within cgi-bin) create a virtual dir called "help". This needs read permissions and points to webcontent/documentation.

it seems you know what you are doing, but i just wnat to verify that this stuff is correct.. it is easy to miss some of it. especially the dispatcher URI part. if you can't see anything worthwhile with that URI, then you have a configuration issue with cognos and not with the web server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back