Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IIS / FTP with IE7

Status
Not open for further replies.

leightur

IS-IT--Management
Jan 25, 2008
GB
I believe there to be a fix with accessing the ftproot with Internet Explorer 7.

I have tried the below virtual folder fix:
IE7 FTP Client opens the connection in the FTP Root. You must let the root empty with read access to ftp users and create another directory where your data will be:

X:\FTP\ (root, empty)
X:\FTP_virtual_directory\ (virtual directory where data is)

If I have a user ABC, I create its folder in X:\FTP_virtual_directory\ABC

When this user login with IE7, she must type ftp://myftpsite.com/ABC otherwise she'll be in the root directory which is empty. And by the way if ABC wants to access the root from its folder, she'll find an empty folder.

The problem now with the above method, when I access the root I can no longer see other files great!

But when I access ftp://myftpsite.com/ABC the contents i not displayed, but when I access ftp://myftpsite.com/virtual/ABC (Virtual folder on IIS) I can see the folder but when I navigate up one level I can still see all other files.

Help !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back