Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

iis & FP98 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick

ISP
Dec 26, 1998
US
I need some help on creating a user account for FrontPage 98 clients.<br>
<br>
scenario:<br>
<br>
We have an IIS 4.0 Server set up. That server is going to host several<br>
websites. People who are not in our company are going to access<br>
websites there... the problem is, unless you're a domain admin, or sys<br>
admin, it won't let you in.<br>
<br>
How can I set up a user account for each different website... we can't<br>
make everybody system admin or domain admin.<br>
<br>
please reply here and nick@tcdi.net<br>
thanks.<br>
<br>

Try creating an account local to the machine the user is attaching to (Not through User Manager for Domains, but from User Manager) and give the user full access to the areas they need to read and write to. I have noticed that IIS does not want to recognize domain based users unless they are admin levels of security but it will recognize users who are provided security by the local server.

When creating a Frontpage WEB, there are a number of things you must do first. 1 Make sure you allow frontpage extensions for the root web you are editing. 2 Create a NEW f/p web from your workstation. 3 Make sure the user you wish to become the editor or author of the page exists as a user in your NT userlist. 4 Upon creating the f/p web, go to the tools - permissions folder and add the NT-User to the User list. 5 This adds any user you wish to be able to edit / author / browse the created page. <br>
I just went through all this myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back