Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IIS Folder on Windows 2000 server

Status
Not open for further replies.

ridelikethewind

Technical User
Dec 8, 2006
US
Hello! I am a graphic artist/web designer-creator and am trying to learn and use an ASP form for our website which is hosted on our own server. I previously worked w/only Apache Unix servers and used a CGI script for forms so I am not too sure what I'm doing here yet. I downloaded a free asp form that is based on Matt Wright's CGI formmail ( and it says to place the FormMail.asp file (that I downloaded) into a folder on the IIS web server with Script Only permissions. Ok, I can make a folder on the server for the FormMail.asp file, but how do I tell it to allow Script Only permissions? I've asked our server administrator and he's not sure. He said he'd have to research it so I'm doing that for him! Any help would be appreciated!! Thanx in advance - Dawn :)

Go to the properties of the directory in IIS. You'll find it there.

Should post this thread in the IIS area, by the way...

Hope This Helps,

Good Luck!

Well, I also asked him about the IIS folder and he didn't know where that was. And I certainly don't know! So if I put the FormMail.asp in the IIS area, then when I write the <form method="GET" action="FormMail.asp"> I will really need to put the full path of where to FIND the file FormMail.asp, right? Like <form method-"GET" action=" folder (or whereever it will be residing)/FormMail.asp">? Am I correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back