Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IIS Error in Event Viewer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beau71

MIS
Jul 18, 2006
US
EVENT # 36909
EVENT LOG Application
EVENT TYPE Error
SOURCE .NET Runtime 2.0 Error Reporting
EVENT ID 1000
COMPUTERNAME AURORA
TIME 3/19/2007 5:39:37 AM
MESSAGE Faulting application w3wp.exe, version 6.0.3790.0, stamp 3e8000e6, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, stamp 00000000, debug? 0, fault address 0x006e0065.

I am getting this error multiple times in the Event Viewer. Does anyone know what the steps are to resolve this issue?

That looks like your IIS worker process. I would check to make sure that your Application pools are setup correctly and running with the right credentials.

If nothing else, try uninstalling IIS and reinstalling it.

Are you running a .NET sites under this instance of IIS?

I am running IMail on IIS which requires .Net 2.0, how do I check my application pools? I am not very experienced with IIS.

I am still receiving this error, is there anything else that anyone can suggest i try

Download the Debug diagnostic tool v1.1 from MS that allows you to troubleshoot issues with Application Pools. Hope this helps.

I just installed the Debug Diagnostic Tool, I was wondering if I could get some pointers in how to use it.

Beau, there is a small instruction on the web page regarding certain scripts that can be run. I am sure there is a .doc file available within the installation, so you may want to take a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back