Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IIS - Can I do this Redirect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

donb01

IS-IT--Management
Feb 20, 2006
US
Have an issue I'm trying to deal with and I know enough about IIS to be dangerous. I think this might be possible with something virtual, but let me try to summarize it.

I have set up to monitor port 80. In the webroot there are directories that have different web apps in them (the app just drops in a directory and works), so there is mysite.com/app1, app2, app3, etc. This is outfaced through a netscaler that routes traffic to that server.

Now the company that makes these apps has a new client out that rund on Node.js and I have to hit it with and right now A) that's too stupid for the users to deal with, and B) I can't use the same outfacing I have now - so it inly works in house.

So I am wondering if I can make and have IIS automatically redirect that to That way the users can keep doing what they are doing and just change the name of the application. I'm not sure how this works because that 4th app wouldn't be running "under" IIS.

I have done things where I have made virtual directories and stuff (many many years ago and haven't touched it since) so I was hoping there was some way to make this work.

If you know how to do this - I'm not stupid, but I would appreciate a list of steps for tasks I have to do to make it work and I'm sure I can figure out the finer details.

THANK YOU!

Don Bruechert, Voice Comm Analyst II
CareTech Solutions @ Holy Family Memorial
Manitowoc, WI, USA

Never mind. Someone gave me a crash course on HTTP redirect, which I've never done before. I had to load a module and it took me 5 minutes after that. :)

Don Bruechert, Voice Comm Analyst II
CareTech Solutions @ Holy Family Memorial
Manitowoc, WI, USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back