Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IIS and smtp not accessing the internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyUK

Programmer
Dec 19, 2000
GB
I have a server that has iis installed and working, i can access the pages from it over the internet and i can access the internet using ie on the server itself. The problem is when i try to access a webpage from within a piece of code to to a http post out on the web it fails. I also have mail sitting in the queue for the smtp service and cant get these of the queue. Is the problem with the webpages something that might have an effect on the smtp?

Thanks in advance

Andrew

Hi,
Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I am in a similar situation, the code seems to run right with no errors, but I never actually get the mail.
Thank you,
Ryandoah

FYI - I uninstalled the SMTP portion of IIS in the Add/Remove Programs -> Add/Remove Windows Components. I then loaded W2KSP3, then reloaded the SMTP Service. Everything seems to work fine now, though I don't now how to save the bad messages, but I don't really need to for mine.
Ryandoah

andyUK: sounds like you're having two different problems, and i'm not sure where to start. Sounds like you're saying that you have internet connectivity. Also sounds like you are using exchange, although you have no confirmed this.

"The problem is when i try to access a webpage from within a piece of code to to a http post out on the web it fails"

this does not describe your problem well enough for me to help you, give examples, and be very clear with your questions/problems. Also, please note all the software you are using: eg. windows 2000 server/ exchange 2000 . It was also be benifical to know if your DNS server is running on this server.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back