Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IIS and Right Click - No Add Server Extensions to Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

AM123

Vendor
Jun 15, 2002
CA
In IIS when you right click ALL TASKS you should be able to add Server Extensions to a site. After using the Lockdown tool it no longer appears.

I have removed the lockdown, also uninstalled and re-installed Front Page Server Extensions and for some reason I can not add server extensions to a a New Web Site for some reason. All that is there when I click on All Tasks is Permissions Wizard.

Anyone have any ideas before I rip my hair out..?

Thanks..

I am not sure which OS and IIS you use, but I am using W2k server sp2 and IIS 5.

When you complete creating a website in IIS, after right click the newsite, under All Tasks, you will see Permission Wizard and Configue Service Extensions. You will be able to use it to create the Frontpage extension.

It's not about whether you can do it or not, it's about HOW
OK, Let's Do It !!! [pipe]
jliu@Cipk.com

i experienced the same kinda problems after running the so wonderful lockdown tool that microsoft had provided on their CD ... it had basicly forced me to reinstall IIS 5.0 due to unrecoverable problems ... LOCK DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back