Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

iis and foxpro to enable web site

Status
Not open for further replies.

parkfairfax

Programmer
May 22, 2001
US
We have a web site that is currently hosted on a Windows NT server. The current configuration uses a visual foxpro database being served through a netscape commerce server. Web serving and database integration are accomplished with the help of foxweb.

Somehow our netscape commerce software has been deleted, and we cannot make administrative updates. I'm wondering if its possible to bring the database under Microsoft IIS for administration. Is there anyone who has any experience with this sort of thing.

So are my attempts to make this site work have failed. I can call up basic web pages, but haven't been able to get anything with scripts or CGI bin calls to Foxweb.exe to work yet. Is this hopeless, and do I need to somehow reinstall the netscape software, or will IIS work?

Thank you. I have received much assistance from this valuable site in the past.

gm

parkfairfax

This setup sounds like it was not setup by yourself (otherwise you would not be here). Probably the easiest and quickest way to resolve this problem, is to bring back the person that set it up and have him help you out. Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

IIS is able, however, to run FoxWeb -based programs, using ISAPI extensions and the FOXISAPI.DLL file.

ISAPI may be turned off in IIS, or the directory that the FOXISAPI.DLL and VFP FoxWeb-based .DLL file are in may not be given permissions for CGI/ISAPI.

I haven't done much with IIS, so I don't have any specific knowledge how to actually change these settings in IIS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back