Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IIS 6 hangs when loading classic ASP Pages (on VMWare)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpalmisa

MIS
Jan 16, 2010
US
thread41-1434687

I would like to pick up where Jonathanx left the previous thread. I'm recreating a virtual intance of a physical serber and believe I have all parameters/settings being equal across instances:

OS Version: Win2k3 SP1 (5.2.3790)
IIS 6.0
ASP.NET v1.1.4322

On my VM, IIS 6 simply does not want to have anything to do with rendering ASP pages. No issues with HTML.

I've configured other physical servers using same OS version without issues. The only x factor now is to get it running off of VMWare. Are there any additional steps to take in order to have IIS 6 render ASP on a VM?

No there's nothing different that needs to be done.

Have you enabled ASP within IIS?

Denny
MVP
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / SQL 2005 BI / SQL 2008 DBA / SQL 2008 DBD / SQL 2008 BI / MWSS 3.0: Configuration / MOSS 2007: Configuration)
MCITP (SQL 2005 DBA / SQL 2008 DBA / SQL 2005 DBD / SQL 2008 DBD / SQL 2005 BI / SQL 2008 BI)

My Blog

Yes ASP is enabled in IIS and have replicated settings that have worked on other servers. When I try accessing a simple ASP script while having "Show friendly HTTP errors", the request stays in limbo until it times out and nothing is returned from IIS. Also the event logs does not show any warnings/errors.

I'm going to start with a full reinstall of IIS and see if this works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back