Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IIS 5.0 won't run asp pages with global.asa present

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdurward

Technical User
Dec 10, 2001
CA
I am running Windows XP with IIS 5.0. I have some web sites that use Access databases and they worked fine with PWS on Windows 98. Now I have set up IIS as I am supposed to I think with the directories appropriately marked as applications and with the global.asa in the right place. If the global.asa file is present, the asp pages will not run. If I remove the global.asa file, the asp pages run. Other html pages are fine. It doesn't matter what is in the global.asa file - if there is one in the directory, I have the problem. There is no error message unless I try to access an asp page more than ten times in which case an error that too many people are accessing the web page. I have reinstalled IIS a dozen times and Windows XP from scratch three times. I have five days invested in this problem so far!
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back