Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IIS 5.0-W2K-PHP Intranet File Upload Permissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

aortrillian

Programmer
Jun 25, 2001
FR
Any help on this would be appreciated...

I am the PHP coder working with the IT administrator (who has control over the IIS) on developing an intranet site that allows users to upload files through an IE browser to special directories. Our IT administrator knows very little about IIS and is looking to me for guidance on permissions.

We don't want the users to be able to edit the files (like say through Windows Explorer), but we want the PHP program to control their access to these files. We also want the PHP program to allow them to upload files via the browser to these special directories.

The directories are on the same harddrive as the web server. That may change in the future, but for now we thought that would be the simplest solution to get the users access.

I have been given read/write/edit permissions to these special directories so I can mess around with them using Windows Explorer. The other users do not have that kind of access, since we hope the php program will control that kind of access.

So when I test my PHP program I can upload via the browser to these special directoris, but other users cannot upload to the special directories. This is bad, bad, bad.

I do not know what to tell our IT guy. We tried different scenarios but I don't know how to communicate to him what to set. Please help me... this is about to give me panic attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back