Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IIS 5.0 installation/configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

jelee2

Technical User
Apr 7, 2003
CA
I installed IIS 5.0 on my Win2K Pro, but I can't access my and I can't find anything on how to configure it, does anyone have any tips/tricks?

Can you ping localhost from the command line?

Also check your host file which is in C:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc , just open it in notepad and check it has the line 127.0.0.1 localhost

Hi,
yeah, I can ping it and it shows up in my hosts file. The hints on my school's website indicates Visual Studio.NET should be installed after IIS is installed. Would this really make a difference?

Hello

I guess you have problem with your IIS well first you need to ping the host in the command line and if that works check the entires in the personal web manager on the Main page check and see the entries are in the correct folder. Click the hyperlink and test it that way in the personal web manager[main page]

jelee2:

Did you ever get your problem solved, because I'm having the same one. I can ping and the hosts file enteries are fine.

Charlie

Everything I know I learned from The Grateful Dead and Buffy The Vampire Slayer
Charlie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back