Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IIS 5.0 and SSL

Status
Not open for further replies.

ugur

Technical User
Sep 12, 2001
TR
I have a web site which have some secure pages. I use VeriSign 128 bit SSL for IIS 5.0. When users leave the secure pages they receive the following message: "You are about to be redirected to a connection that is not secure. The information you are sending to the current site might be retransmitted to nonsecure site..." I know that this is quite normal. However, this message make the users suspect about the security of the site. What can I do prevent this message?

Kindly regards,

ugur,

This behavior is actually by design. A user can disable this setting in their browser, under tools, internet options, advanced, then unselect the warn if changing between secure and non secure mode. But if you are running a site and don't want users to receive this message either do NOT have redirects to unsecure pages or possibly use SSL on all pages.

here's another think i would think of... after the person submits their data, in stead of going strait to a unsecured page. goto a page that says thank you, and then a link to go back to the regular unsecured site. then they will expect the warning if it's there...

--Junior JHauge@jmjpc.net
Life is change. To deny change is to deny life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back