Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IIF Question Blank Value

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanB

Programmer
Jul 19, 2001
US
Hello all. I have a ADP Database where one of my fields I need to do a DLookup which gets me the value. The problem I am having that is some of the text boxes come up blank and when doing a IIF statement it still comes up blank for example:
Control Source
=IIF(Dlookup(example)="",0,Dlookup(example))

Any idea how I get this to populate with 0. I also have the default as 0. Thanks

Thanks that did the trick one more question. In the detail now that works great and I get $0.00 as the rate. In the Form Footer I have another text box that I am doing =Sum(OrderTotal) which I want to sum all the totals. I am getting #Error. Any idea? Thanks alot :)

If OrderTotal is a calculated field, you cannot use it's name in an aggregate funtions. You must recreate the calculation that makes up the calculated control.

=Sum([Quantity]*[Price])

Access explains this in their tutorial. You can type
"total of calculated control" in the office assistant window to view it's explanation.

ljprodev@yahoo.com
ProDev, MS Access Applications B-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back