Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ignite - Errors "Your connection appears to be slowing down."

Status
Not open for further replies.

murcielag0

Technical User
Mar 22, 2018
CA
Hello,
We currently have Mitel Entrprise server 8.0.1.1.
We are running Ignite for Emails & Chat and will be implementing the SMS as well if we can figure out the issues with the Chat.

Here is what our Agents are facing. (Actually we only have one agent so far)

She keeps getting message mid chat that show up in yellow saying "Your connection appears to be slowing down. You may not receive message from the person you are chatting with at this time the person sends them. If the problem persists you may want to check if you are running any other software that is using your internet connection."

This is displayed on the clients side as well.

Note that her computer has been looked over multiple time she doesn't run much else and this happens quite often.
Everything performs well on her computer.

The server is a VMWare server, which was suggested by our Mitel support provider.
It has been assigned 24gb of Ram, Two octa-core processors and a Gigabyte network card.

Has anyone else experienced it.

I have verified in the Alarms - nothing related.
I did see in the Event viewer - Applications and Services/prarieFyre - Ever few seconds there is the following error.
"Ccmwa.Chat
GetChatUserById called from Join failed to obtain an id to verify and aquire a chat user."

Any advice of suggestions are welcome.

AC

I ran into something Similar - I ended up rebooting the server and it cleared. Although the error was a little different.
How is your internet speed and where are you testing the chat from?
Does it do the same thing internally?

Hello,
Well, the hardest thing is to replicate the error on demand.
It seems to happen every other time. While in the testing phase, we had no issues.
The server has been rebooted multiple times with no change.

I did hear back from another person on a different Forum:
pFoldtimer:The reason you are seeing this is because the underlying signalR connection detects a slow connection or the connection is going up or down.
The log you want to look at is the ccmwa log in the logs for on the server to check for anything unusual as well as hitting F12 in Chrome and looking at the console logs. It would be interesting to see if the signalR connection transport is using websockets or server sent events or long polling.
Do you see this only on the customer side of the chat or on the agent side as well?
Some customers end up having proxies or firewalls that interfere with the signalR connection.
Did you enable/install websockets within IIS on your sever?

Unfortunately, I am running the system on Windows 2008 r2 and Websockets is not available with IIS7. :( So, I am not able to test this.

..ac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back