Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IGMP - MutliCast Support W2K8 Enterprise

Status
Not open for further replies.

alfie002

Technical User
Mar 3, 2004
GB
Dear all, I am currently working with an installation of Windows Server 2008. I am using a multicast application that will use the IGMP protocol to publish it's services. I won't go into detail on this. However, I would like to know if anyone has successfully used Multicast (IGMP) with the W2K8 server. I have used the Remote Routing and Service management console to configure the server to support IGMP, specifically as a router. However, the application still cannot contact the mutlicast service on the service. Anyone any thoughts ?

Thanks and regards.

Alf

Is there an exception configured in the firewall for this traffic?

MCTS:System Center Virtual Machine Manager
MCSE:Security 2003
MCITP:Enterprise Administrator

tell us more about your network. is the multicast source on a different lan segment than this destination?? what multicast group ip is the application using?? what version of igmp is the application using??

I hate all Uppercase... I don't want my groups to seem angry at me all the time! =)
- ColdFlame (vbscript forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back