Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IFRAMES

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEveritt

MIS
Dec 30, 2002
GB
i have been told that its very easy to put Iframes on an asp page, but...

Everything on the website comes from a user selected ID which is request("campaignid").

so when the main page loads up, all the variables pulled from the database are displayed on the main page.

I then want to have an iframe underneath the displayed data.

In this iframe will be data that is still connected to the selected ID, but from another table.

Therefore I have simply put request("campaignid") on the iframe to pull over the ID for me to then use for other queries. But this doesnt work.

So is it not as easy as that?

You have to treat the iframe and its contents as if they were in a completely separate window from the rest of the page, since this is essentially the case. If you want to use the compaignid in the iframe, you will have to pass it in the URL of the iframe content. The program in the iframe cannot refer to any request variables from the containing window, only ones passes to it in the request (i.e. in the URL).

Tracy Dryden

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
For you are crunchy, and good with mustard. [dragon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back