Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

iFrame with processing from another server

Status
Not open for further replies.

ridzz

Programmer
Sep 30, 2001
MY
Hello..

I'm not so familiar with iframes, so i thought i might ask the people here on how to proceed.

I have a portal page on one server (let's name this as.. page1 on portal server1). This page will display all the pertinent and general information about the transaction that can be run on the page.

One of the transaction processes available comes from another server, namely process server2. On this process server we can get another page which will take various inputs and process it before giving out some output. This page will utilize a session object and submit function and passing to another page and such, as usually the case with normal webpages. This process page, if accessed directly to the page on server2, works fine on its own.

However, my problem is..
When an iframe is created on page1 on server1, to show the process page from server2, the process gets stuck. Any transaction process done through the iframe will give out an error on server2 side stating null exception. It's as if the page was sending a blank (no object) for processing. My guess is that the session object cannot be created for server2 through iframe in server1. Is my assumption correct? If so, does anybody have any other idea how to make this work?

Help is greatly appreciated..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back