Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

iframe with dynamic columns

Status
Not open for further replies.

paoloc

IS-IT--Management
Aug 14, 2002
US
Hi,
I create a table with a dynamic list of column headers which in general will exceed the browser
horizontal size.

I then display the table's row contents within an iframe with the table header columns displayed
statically just above the frame. The columns to toward the right end of the table will be accesses
obviously by horizontal scrolling in the frame and the same would apply for the column headers
except using the browser's horizontal scroll. This will make the headers and columns be out of sync
and it will require the user to horizontally scroll twice while attempting to line up the columns in
the frame to the headers above. Is there a solution whereby as the frame is horizontally scrolled
the main page follows and keeps the headers lined up to the columns below?

tks/Rgds

__PC

try using a static width for the columns. this is kind of a tricky thing to do. What i've done in the past and my customers like the idea more than a static title bar is to repeat the headings every x records.

We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back