Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

If you point Message Light Ext: to another ext. how to differentiate? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

surferdude949

Programmer
Oct 13, 2008
US
I pointed Message Light Ext: to ext. 2000 on station form 1000.

When a message comes in for ext. 1000 and lights up on ext. 2000. How can you tell the light will be on for?

Or do you just have to check both?

The lamp will light up the msg light on station 1000 if the voicemail box at 2000 has a msg. You'll need to create a another button with using the auto-msg-wt feature to light up for a second mailbox.

So... leave the station 1000 message lamp at 1000. Create a button using auto-msg-wt with ext 2000. Then you have two lights, one for each mailbox.

I created the auto-msg-wt button for ext. 1000 on ext. 2000 and mine for testing.

I left a test vm and the button did not have the indicator on.

Extension 1000 is on a remote G430 registering to an centralized Audix LX. In this type of set up do I need to do any special configuration in Audix?

Ok I got the auto-msg-wt button working on my phone (which is locally connected to the S8500 & Audix LX).

But for the remote ext. 1000 IP phone on the G430, it's not working. Ext. is on a different network region.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back