Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

if/then dynamic text field/slider bar question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flashoid

Technical User
Dec 11, 2002
US
I have a slider that works so when you slide the bar it also displays a number in dynamic text field (btwn 0 -100) depending on where your drag bar is.

What I would like to happen is have a submit button, so when the user stops dragging, they then click the submit button and it reads the number in the dynamic text box and calculates whether they are over a certain number, equal to, or under a certain (say 50), then displays a particular movieclip based on that number. Anything over 50 display this MC, equal to 50 display this MC, under 50 display this MC.

What I currently have:

The dynamic text box is labled "score" and the text in the first root action frame is this:

this.onEnterFrame=function(){
score.text=mySlider.score;
if (Key.isDown(Key.ENTER)) mySlider.line._xscale=lineLength.text;
}

I have tried adding this code to a submit button with no success:

on (press) {
if (_root.score > 50)
setProperty("over50", _visible, "1");

My thought was to read the dynamic text box labeled score, then display a movieclip based on the score.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks

worked like a charm!!!!! Thanks again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back