Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

If tasks are showing as full days, why does the header have 55.34 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

DG17

IS-IT--Management
Nov 8, 2010
GB
Hi all,

I've got a project plan, that ISN'T effort driven, that although the individual tasks are full days (1, 2, 3 etc and not 1.5 days for instance) the header is showing that all of them are 55.34 days to complete?!

This is driving me mad as I know this happens for effort driven projects, but neither tasks OR resources are effort driven!

Please help!

Thanks in advance.
DG

Sorry - meant to add i'm using MS Project 2007!

Hi Steve,

I've ensured the tasks are not effort driven, the resources are entered correctly & the dependency links are standard (i.e. not ff or ss or fs+x) so I'm still at a loss!

DG

Suggestion (I am not a MS Project user so this is just a guess )
1) Save a copy of the project before starting this

2) Remove a "chuck" of the project if the decimals go away then the issue is some number(s) in the part you just removed.

3) Keep removing or adding back in (returning to saved version) until you track down the core issue.

You may find that a mistake was made on project item 123-12 where it was meant to be 34 days but was enter as 0.34 or something like that.

Again I am just shooting in the dark here, no expert.

Lion Crest Software Services
Anthony L. Testi
President

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back