Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

If my s1 server goe down the phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

jomarra

Technical User
Jun 13, 2016
CA
If my s1 server goe down the phones register to s2. When s1 is back up will the phones reregister back to s1? Or do they need to be rebooted?
Thx

They will re register and load balance between S1 and S2

what are the 2 registration points? Is it 2 active CS1000E doing controlled load sharing or is it a main CS1000E and an SMG? Also what software release?

So in your scenario you have an SMG and a main PBX. S1 should always be SMG and while the SMG can reach the Primary CS ELAN it will stay in that mode. When the SMG can no longer reach the Primary CS then the S2 comes into play which should be your SMG. However, this is all controlled in the SMG configuration. Truthfully all you should ever need is S1 if it is configured properly and then the SMG will do all the work. As soon as the SMG can reach the Primary CS then the phones will register back to S1 Primary CS. The SMG will only run for 30 days if I remember right and start a count down.

we would normally configure S1 as the SMG and S2 as the Main CS1000. Reason for this is Set should as KCFLHRC says always register with S1 as it sees the SMG Callserver is in Standby it is forwarded using NCS via the Session Manager (Or NRS if you still have one) to the Main CS1K. If there is a failure of the Main CS1K then the set registers to the SMG still on the S1.

The only time that the S2 is used is if the set is trying to register and the SMG TPS is down, then after the number of timeouts you set in your DHCP scope the set will go direct to the Main CS1K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back