Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

If my client changes their printer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjwild

Programmer
Sep 7, 2001
US
I believe that CR requires that I set the printer to be printed to for each report.

What happens when the client running my software purchases a different printer? Do I have to go into each report and change the target printer?

What if they want to run different types of printers at the same time?

If you don't specify a Printer for the report (during design time), it would use the default printer on whatever PC it runs.

The user is free to specify a different printer when they want to Print the report.

Cheers,
- Ido CUT, Visual CUT, and DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

I am getting some issues regarding printing reports using different printer/ printer drivers. For example, 1)"superscipted" text (as crystal is not providing any function to superscript text, i have put a text of smaller size and adjusted its position), positioned differently in Laser printer and Deskjet printers. 2) in some cases the space between wrords is removed, for example, "at 3%" prints "at3%" 3) Text contents shrinks when using Laser printers.

Using different printers forces Crystal to render the report differently.

Please start a new thread for new questions.

Cheers,
- Ido

CUT, Visual CUT, and DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back