Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IF< OR = 0, 0 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunited

IS-IT--Management
Jun 29, 2001
US
I could really use some help writing this formula. I have tried everything that I know and I just can not get the results to come back correctly. The formula should be IF<=0 then 0, otherwise, the cell name. I have even tried just going with IF<0,0. If you have any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you

This should do it...

=IF(A1<=0,0,CELL(&quot;address&quot;))

Please advise if this is what you were looking for.

Regards, ...Dale Watson dwatson@bsi.gov.mb.ca

Thanks, I did try that formula, but for some reason it will not come back with 0 if less than. I'm not 100% sure what you mean by &quot;address&quot;, but I assume you just mean the name of the cell?

sunited, type in the entire formula (copy and paste it). Do not change it at all. It works if the cell is empty or has any number from 0.1 or greater. If there is a minus sign in front of the number, the formula returns zero.

It is strange, because if I put in a -#, it provides the correct information, if I put in .38, it comes back with .38 instead of 0. Do I need to put something else in the formula to recognize decimals?
Thanks

Where Dale typed &quot;address&quot;, that is LITERALLY what you need to type. Don't type in A1, for instance. dreamboat@nni.com
Brainbench MVP for Microsoft Word

Thanks for all your help, I believe I have this one figured out! Thank you again!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back