Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

if i let user connect to my data store server will i have any problems 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

topmad4it

Technical User
Dec 12, 2003
GB
i have 5 servers 4 are currently used by all and 1 is kept as a admin server and a data server if i let user connect to my data server will it cause any problem for me?

Not quite sure what you mean by "Data Server" - do you mean the MetaFrame server that hosts the Access Data Store? If so, then yes, you could connect a smaller number of users to this server than connect to the non-DS servers.

Depends on the apps you run, of course - so be sure to monitor the server carefully, and add users a few at a time, rather than as one large group. If you're running MetaFrame XPa or above, you could set an LM rule to keep the number of users down.

If you're only serving out Published apps, then you could simply publish only "lightweight" apps from this server - or only publish apps to a selected group of users.

Hope this is helpful

That depends on what level of access you allow. Where I am our datastore server is in use by about 50 people continuously each day. I would suggest you publish a desktop or the specific apps this person needs.

cheers lads for the help i will bear these in mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back