Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IF Function 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ellpis

Technical User
Jul 6, 2002
US
I would like to produce a result in a cell G4 on sheet B of a multiple sheet workbook as follows;
If E4=0, the sum of D4+F4, If F4=0, the sum of D4+E4
Please advice
Thanks,
Dave

This appears to be an excel question and not a question for access.

If I am correct the formula would look like this.

In cell G4 type
=if(E4=0,D4+F4,if(F4=0,D4+E4,NEED SOMETHING TO HANDLE
E4 <> 0 AND F4 <> 0))

Thank you for your reply. I'm sorry, but I should have told you that this is a lotus.123 program.
I tried the formule that you suggested and it did not work. Also, if E4 has a figure than F4 will always be 0. The same goes for F4, E4 will always be 0.

This is a Microsoft Access Query forum. It is definitely NOT the place to ask Lotus 123 questions. There may not be a 123 forum available. Terry L. Broadbent - DBA
Computing Links:
faq183-874 contains &quot;Suggestions for Getting Quick and Appropriate Answers&quot; to your questions.

The formula in lotus 123 would be very much the same
I would still put in something for the remote chance that E4 <> 0 and F4 <> 0. Things that are not supposed to happen sometimes do.

=if(E4=0,D4+F4,if(F4=0,D4+E4,&quot;Error&quot;))

Do you even need the check if they are 0? I mean if either E4 or F4 is always 0 then can't you just do the sum of D4, E4, and F4? Seems like it would always give you the correct sum.

Thanks

What actually worked for me is @SUM(D4)-(E4+F4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back