Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

if crystal report could start a new page

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystalamber

Programmer
Feb 1, 2007
SE
i now have the data as follows:
id name dept email
1 ** *** ****
2 ** *** ****
3 .
4 ** *** ****
5 ** *** ****
6 ** *** ****
7 .
8 ** *** ****

the stars mean any data, each record has different values, the crystal report could give me the above report, however, i want it to implement such function, i make some code and test if there is a dot that occupies the whole line(record), if it is, crystal report starts a new page for the records between this dot and the next dot, and continues in this fashion, my question is, could crystal report do it?

Any help will be appreciated!

Go to Report>section expert>detalis
clink on X2 besides new page after and enter the following formula

WhilePrintingRecords;
({Table.name}="**") and ({Table.dept})="***" and ({Table.email})="****"

Then once this condition occurs to be true, the details after these dots will print on next page.

Hope this helps!

Thank you
Keerthana !

thank you very much, i got it.

Now i have another problem,
Actually, the report i have to design reads data from an xml file, i separate the data from three different pages(i set a special denotation in some row, then use the function "new page after"), the content of each page is separated by a label called<paragraph> in the xml file, however, each paragraph has its own title in the xml file(<paragraph>title_content</paragraph>),which means each page should have its own page title too, when i change one title, the titles of the other two pages are also changed, how could i implement it and make each page has its own title?

Any help will be appreciated!

Please start new threads for new problems as the above already resolved your issue.

This isn't a freebie Crystal outsourcing forum, it is to identify andcorrect issues so that others might learn aswell, so thank the poster as designated above, and then start your new thread for your next issue.

I'mnotreqally following your issue here, XML should be read as a table, and the label could be inserted as a group and then select new page after in the group footer section,no code would be required.

-k

I just realized that you are cross posting across forums, please don't do this...

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back