Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

If crv.7 is installed will crv.6 reports run 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

wfj

MIS
Jan 1, 2000
US
I am upgrading from v6 to v7. I have several hundred v6 reports. Will they run??

I had some minor problems with report layouts in converting reports, but that was with reports created in w95, then convertd to v7 on winNT. I printed out the report in the old version, converted it, then printed it again on the same printer, and overlayed the two on a light table (a window also works). This quickly tells you if the format is different - I didn't have any problems with the content changing.<br>
I haven't had any other problems in converting several hundred reports. Remember that the conversion is one way, so I would recommend backing up the 6.o versions in case your experience isn't as uneventful as mine. Plus, Crystal is coming out with another version in Feb apparently, but I don't know whether this will involve a different file format as well. <p>Malcolm Wynden<br><a href=mailto:wynden@island.dot.net>wynden@island.dot.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

I had a big problem after installing Maintenance Release 1 for CR7. I don't know if upgrading to CR7 from CR6 will give you any problems, but you should back up everything before upgrading to CR7. *AND you should check every report before sending out to your customers*. Please read my post &quot;Seagate: Crystal Reports Forum: refresh parameters after installing maintenance release 1&quot; posted on 9/10/1999 for more information.<br>
<br>
BTW, the bug has not fixed yet.<br>
<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back