Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

iexplore + pure virtual function call

Status
Not open for further replies.

toddyl

Technical User
Sep 26, 2005
US
Hi,

I have windows XP pro and IE explorer 6 on my laptop. I have a program which utilises java plug-ins for logging in via a web browser which used to work fine for me.

Recently I had trouble with java and uninstalled several versions of java and re-installed some of them. My program uses jre1.3.1 but I also have java jdk and jre 1.4.2_10 installed.

When I go to my home page I am now getting an IE explorer message saying that the program is terminating unexpectedly. I have an option to debug, close or get more info. Clicking on more info I get some message which displays software names and versions -- it shows iexplore and mentions kernel32.dll. There is no real error message given. Clicking on close it says that a pure virtual function call has occured. If I hit ok here (the only option) IE explorer shuts down completely.

The debug option does not work as it appears that I do not have C++ installed.

Anyone any ideas what is going on here and what can I do to get it working. I've uninstalled java and reinstalled it several times but with no luck.

Thanks,

Tom

I'd try first of all a full scan on the PC, it may be some kind of malware.

Cheers,
Dian

I've installed Ad-Aware and HijackThis and have run both on several occassions and no major problems seem to exist.

I've read somewhere that this could be a registry issue and am currently downloading a registry fixer and will try and use this. I'll let you know if this helps or not.

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back