Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

iexplore.exe, where is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbunyon

Technical User
Feb 9, 2005
US

Short time ago all of a sudden I no longer have an Internet Explorer on my pc. I've performed a search for the above exe which returns only an entry of iexplore.exe.enu (something of the like). I've reinstalled IE7 and now have drilled down in the explorer and can't locate to create shortcut onto desktop and quick launch bar. Yes I have "show all file types" selected and other relevant parameters. Yes I can run from run command with iexplore/enter. I'm curious to know where my blue E went, why I cant locate the exe in file structure.
Any direction would be greatly appreciated. XP pro, 2 gig ram, asus motorboard. No recent downloads or hardware except for Windows Automatic Updates.
Thanks

Paul

Should be here. C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer

Life is a big Roleplaying adventure.

Wayne

Nope, showed all file types even system. Had to add as windows component from add and remove programs. Althought file structure was in place the only .exe files had another extention mui. After adding I now have the exe in the root directory. I was always able to type iexplore in the run dialog to access as a workaround.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back