Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Iexplore error

Status
Not open for further replies.

csallee

Technical User
Dec 4, 2002
US
I have a question that should be an easy one for you all. I am trying to access Yahoo email from home and everytime I enter the user and PW and then click submit, I get "Iexplore has caused an error and will now close" error in a little gray box and the only options I have is X and Close and then it totally closes the browser. I can access my Hotmail account with no problems at all. I have verified that I am up to date the critical updates and such from MS, but I still get it. It used to only affect that area of IE, but now it has been happening in other random areas. Very frustrating !!!
P.S.~ I have been running Adaware6 and Norton scans regularly also.
Thank you for any help !!

I have not seen that particular error message--usually there is a reference to .dll files or RPC.
Have you checked your running processes for msblast.exe or mslaugh.exe--variants of the BlasterWorm.
You may have gotten it before you got all your Critical updates done--I believe it appreared in Aug. 2003.
Depending on what version of Windows (your OS) you are running, you might try running the IE Repair tool or sfc /scannow.
Operating System and version #s for programs are helpful for anyone trying to help. (eg. IE 5.5 or 6.0)
And don't be afraid to admit you did something you might have done to cause any problem--there isn't anyone I know that hasn't--except me (not!) :)

I finally figured it out. I DL-ed CWshredder and it resolved the issue. You can go to if you are have the same problem (your homepage will change to coolwebsearch.com by itself and you can't log into certain web email accounts).
Thanks for all the help !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back