Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE9 Won't accept cookies

Status
Not open for further replies.

1DMF

Programmer
Jan 18, 2005
GB
Hi,

I seem to be stumped with a member unable to log into our members area because IE9 refuses to accept the session cookie.

I have reset the browser, added to trusted sites, added under security tab to always allow cookies, removed protected mode.

I'm at a complete loss, apparently it was working fine yesterday, now it's just stopped and I cannot work out why it won't accept any cookie at all?

Any idea?

1DMF.

"In complete darkness we are all the same, it is only our knowledge and wisdom that separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!"
Free Electronic Dance Music

Have you checked anti-virus, Internet security apps, anti-malware etc. if any of those are blocking cookies?

or tried running CCleaner just in case an existing cookie is locked and IE cannot delete/overwrite it.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

It appears because I wasn't using a 'domain' attribute in the cookie, it stopped working?

This only appears to be an issue with IE9. Also you must include sub-domain in IE9, all other browsers were accepting the cookie with just domain.tld , however it would only work in IE9 if set to

"In complete darkness we are all the same, it is only our knowledge and wisdom that separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!"

Well it only resolved the problem in my testing, the user still cannot log in.

He has had to abandon IE9 and is using another browser, PC World had his machine, they wiped it without backing up his data first, and now he is having all these IE9 issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back