Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE9 Save Picture As default

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keyboy

Technical User
Aug 22, 2003
US
Greetings,

Recently my IE9 Save Picture As dialogue changed to Untitled.png. The dropdown allows only the choices of png and bmp. I searched the internet and found some information the says I needed to empty the cache and did it. I also restarted IE, and cleared the cache again. Nothing seems to help. I can't even type in my name and add .jpg.

Any ideas on how to relly fix this?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Thanks! Tried all the suggestions and still same results. Must be another Microsoft failure....

Greetings,

Tried it all again. Still no success. Now happens even if the file extension in the URL is shown as jpg.

Is there a way, maybe in the registry, to set the default to jpg vs. png? I am getting desperate.

PS. One of the above links said I should go to the downloaded program folder through IE tools. When I did, there was nothing there and no status header. Is this an issue?

I am running W7 and IE9

Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back