Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE8 keep session variables in new instatnces

Status
Not open for further replies.

botatun

Programmer
Mar 7, 2006
US
I found that the IE8 (on Windows XP) keep the session variables, when you open new window from a the descktop, if previously opened instance was not closed.

Is it any way to change settings on IE8, that will not copy session variables from the one instances to another if it start from a desktop or a quick launch?

Vadim

-------------------------
P.S.

Also, it is more weird. For example, I opened IE8 and sign on to my site. Then I opened 2nd window on Yahoo(Google...)(do not sign on to my site). If I close 1st and open 3rd it still will keep information about my signon on 1st one.

This is very inconvinient for me, when some people with different authority will use my site in store.

You are absolutely correct - to keep the sessions seperate, you need to open a new IE session, not a new IE window. Within IE, go to File, New Session (unfortunately, there is no keyboard shortcut).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back