Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE7 text size not "Sticky". 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bocaire

Technical User
Oct 16, 2005
IE7 has an option to change the text size via VIEW>TEXT SIZE. I prefer the "LARGER" size, and select that.

But apparently that setting is not "Sticky", and the next IE7 session, it's back to "MEDIUM".

Is there any way to change that setting so it will stay "sticky" where I have selected it, until such time as I choose to change it again?

I'm perfectly willing to do a registry edit if needed.

Bocaire

Have a look at:
Internet Options, Advanced tab. In the Accessibility options, de-select 'Reset text size to medium...'

The corresponding registry key is:
\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Zoom\ResetTextSizeOnStartup

Thanks for the info.

That checkbox was not checked. But suddenly the situation has reverted to what it was a few days ago when I first selected the larger size - it now appears to be sticky again, at least in a given boot session of XP Pro.

Shutting down IE7 and reloading - it stays sticky. Hopefully that will survive when I shut down XP, and start up again later.

I have filed the Registry key info for future use if needed.

Bocaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back