Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE6 Username and Password Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonb007

Technical User
Apr 2, 2001
GB
We use Windows XP clients on a Windows 2003 server. All the clients use a mandatory profile stored on the server. When the clients use IE6 they are prompted for a username and password (from an ISA server with Basic Authentication used to cache web pages). Entering the username and password gives them access to web browsing. The problem is the username and password are not remembered (even though the save pasword is ticked) if the client reboots. I guess this is because of the mandatory profile. Is there a way to store the username and password within this mandatory profile? I created this profile with the IE username and passwords entered and saved, which was then copied to the server and renamed from .dat to .man so I would have thought the login details would be saved. Any suggestions appreciated.

I hope i am explaining my problem ok as I can't believe I am the only person with this kind of setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back