Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE6 User can't click PDF link, but Admin can?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dollie

MIS
May 2, 2000
US
I have a user who cannot open a link to a PDF file (it opens in a new window) in Internet Explorer 6 on Win2K. When logged on the machine as an admin, the link opens just fine. When logged in as user (power user permissions), the window flashes like it's trying to open but never does. The only reason I noticed this is because I got frustrated and clicked the link about 50 times and could barely see the window flashing open. If the link is used from a bookmark, it opens fine.

This is a new one, I thought I could fix everything in IE. :) There's no spyware, no adware, no viruses, no restricted permissions for browsing. I've reset all browser options back to the default.

Anyone else seen this?

TIA!

I am having a similar problem.. We are trying to change our users from Administrator privelages to Power user, but I every time I test, Internet explorer wont browse the net. It will go to the first page because it is cached. Nowhere else.

This is odd. I still haven't been able to resolve the issue, the user is having to use bookmarks or type in the direct page address to view anything. If a link opens to a new window, it doesn't open.

The user has been grilled, and she hasn't installed anything new. A belarc audit shows nothing unusual installed.

Still hoping someone else has seen this and has a solution!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back